Sunday 6 April 2014

Getting ready for Easter!

With Easter just around the corner I have been preparing a few Easter cards for the family to keep in touch.  When I think of Easter, I think of pastel colours, Bunnies, Eggs, etc.  Nice, happy, and spring like fun.  So I wanted to reflect that in the cards I have created.
 
The first card I created I followed the pastel tones throughout the card.  The stamp set I have used is an old magazine freebie.
 
Starting with the background, I used a stencil I created with my Craft Robo (now Silhouette) and layered colours through it in diagonal stripes that the stencil depicted.  I used 3 colours of Memento inks (Summer Sky, Angel Pink and Dandelion) and blending foam to create the smooth transition of colour.  The focal image of the rabbit is stamped with London Fog Memento Ink, coloured using Spectrum Noir markers, cut out using a circle die, embossed and ink blended on top using the same blue and yellow as before.  The sentiment I stamped in Tuxedo Black, cut out using a pointed oval die, embossed, and blended over with yellow ink.
 
To finish the card I layered them on foam adhesive, added white ribbon below the sentiment and punched flowers below the bunny.  The flowers were coloured using a cotton bud and ink, and I used pencil crayon for the centres.  Glossy Accents was then used to add a final touch.
The second card follows a similar pattern however I have used pastel pink as my focal colour.  I started by stencilling flowers onto a background piece of card using Rose Bud Memento Ink  and Dandelion for the centres.  I cut the sentiment and image out together using the same circle die, but this time stamped both in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I think this makes a big difference to the finished look and I wish I had used black for my original image.  I left the image in the die and blended Summer Sky ink over to leave a small white border around the image.  I also used that ink on the card base to create a matching border.  To finish I used 3 punched flowers with rhinestones (of which I coloured yellow with a spectrum marker) and Glossy Accents on the focal image.
Thanks for reading, I hope that I have given you some Easter inspiration! Keep crafting!
 
Panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment