Friday 18 April 2014

Today I have a happy little minion card for you! Like me, you may have seen this idea floating around Pinterest and this is my take on it.  I wanted to do this for my friend as soon as I spotted it - and now her birthday is just a few weeks away I finally have the opportunity to play! To see how this cute little guy came together, please read on!
 
I started with a plain black card base and layered a yellow mat on top.  For the eyes; I added a matching black strip of card (as the goggle strap), two kraft circles (goggles), two white circles (whites of eyes), two deeper brown card circles (iris) and finally two black circles (pupils).  I cut all the circles out using a simple compass style circle cutter which doesn't matter in this case as the top layer is black, the small hole it creates cannot be seen.  I also used this circle cutter to cut my minion's smile.  I first cut a larger circle and then the inner smaller circle which should create a frame then I used my scissors to cut this in half - voila, smile! His overalls are simple shapes cut from textured blue paper - I added a little blue ink to his pocket to make it stand out.  The finishing touches are domed black circles for buttons (brads would also be great) paper strips for hair and a little white pen to the iris's for shine lines.

 
I finished the inside of the card by adding a white mat to write on, with the fun sentiments shown above.  I know my friend will find it all highly amusing - hope you have too! :)

Thanks for reading, Keep crafting!

Panda,

No comments:

Post a Comment